Saturday, April 4, 2020

Cleaning house: Mind, Body & Spirit

I was able to have a full day to myself, the kids went to my moms house and Troy worked a 12 hour shift! My mind has been so clogged the last two weeks with the kids home that I truly needed and appreciated this day! I’m very great-full to be able to spend the time with the kids during this time and it’s made me learn some patience but Momma was tired! Ok!

I was able to sleep in, well until like 7:30 ha that’s the latest my body will allow these days! Like I’m an old lady or something. Our internet has been messed up since yesterday so I was forced to take PTO for the day! After waking up I stretched for about 15 min and mannn did it feel amazing! My plan was to flat iron my hair (I cut my hair all the way off Aug 2018) and I’m in the middle of growing it out. My last cut was June 2019!! But yea that was a major FAIL my ends were so split and dead that I didn’t even finish ha! I just wet it and put it back curly.

After doing that is when the day really began! I cleaned every singe room from top to bottom. Washed walls, wall boarders, closets etc. No interruptions, except Me watching and laughing at  “Step By Step!”  Yes the early 90’s show! I started on episode 2 and by time i was done I finished episode 19!!! It feels like since this lock in I haven’t been able to really clean like normal! After work I have to help the kids with homework they needed help with, dinner ... Ahhhh I don’t need to explain you know what us mothers have had to do the past few weeks! By time it’s time to actually sit down I don’t want to do ANYTHING. Especially not clean, NO THANK YOU! It felt so good to wash all the clothes (still have a load to fold but it’s ok lol) They say a clear house keeps a clear mind! (I think or did I just make that up lol) either way I feel the saying is very true! While I cleaned I was able to truly think and reflect on life and myself. I talked to my self and yes I answered, who else was going to? Accepting things negative and positive is not always easy but when you are able to think about who you are with a clear mind it helps you accept what you need to change! I suggest all moms get a full day for self, I say this ALOT and I truly mean it!! If you’ve read my previous blog I have been doing a lot of self therapy and I think today may have been one of the most effective days!!

So as I’m scrubbing walls and moving around I noticed that I was getting out of breath. All bad I know! I have been trying to do this no carbs thing, yet I’m not doing as well as I’d like. I may sneak something here and there and convince myself I’ll drink extra water to flush it out.... hmmmm no ma’am not going to work lol so I really want to commit to myself that I will truly and honestly give my all to this life style change! And stop telling myself “ Oh I’ll just start on Monday” or find ways to justify why or what I’m eating! Who am I kidding I know drinking extra water is not going to help but it sure sounded good.... I really have to take this more serious!!

My body is actually sore from all that bending and cleaning! The hot shower was amazing and needed. But my hands still smell like cleaning spray!! Oh I also listened to some affirmations before finishing up the house! When you actually repeat them out loud it helps you to accept and believe them! They are amazing and I definitely feel refreshed like I hit the reset button....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's such a great feeling to be able to cleanse your home and your body. Having those moments where you're home alone and can freely move about without being bogged down with questions, cooking, and work is cleansing in itself. I rarely ever have those moments of alone time, but when I do, I take full advantage of it! Great post!

MomOhhMy! said...

Whewww you can say that again! It was so relaxing, who knew cleaning would be so fun!!