Friday, April 10, 2020

Feeling guilty: but loving it

Before Covid 19 I was the mom with busy kids! Basketball, Football, Baseball, Cheer, school activities, birthday parties etc. I was the mom always in their room making sure I got quality time in any way I could rather it be watching them play a video game, watch a movie with them or just to talk! The mom who checked homework daily, cooked DAILY and yes I mean daily! You know the mom that just never sat down until it was time for bed. Oh I love it as exhausting as it is if I’m not moving then something is not being done. And in the mix of all that lovely madness I worked over time for my job a extra hour in the morning maybe 2-3 extra hours in the evening oh and Saturday yessss I’m working! If there was a game lol yup I’m still clocking in before the game and after. Any idle time must be covered, you ever heard that saying “sleep when your dead” yea that was me! My sister use to tell me “Sissy you are a super mommy but you need to rest”! No thank you, I need to come up with a blog or network with bloggers or blah blah blah! Yea I’m tired from reading that so I know you are too LOL


Then came this DAMN virus and it has everyone in a frenzy (a state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior.) Side note I just had to google the word lol I knew how to use it but I didn’t know the full definition (Face palm lol oh well that’s just me being overly honest as usual) 

Anyway stores are empty, kids are being sent home from school, sports are canceled and it was just a lot too fast! So then I was the mom trying to work (for those that don’t know I’ve worked from home almost 2 years now) all while being a teacher to my children. Clearly it’s been a while since I’ve been in school, some of this stuff they teach the kids is just backwards or maybe it was how we were taught! It became frustrating because they are not understanding how I’m teaching and I don’t wanna show them the wrong thing or confuse them from how their teacher teaches. I was the mom who was making up games for them to have fun and learn at the same time! The mom who was making lunch now for 3 extra people with no peace and quiet. The mom being a referee between two 7 year olds! Still the busy mom but only in the house, and last but not least the mom about to pull her hair out!!


AND NOW.... Here we are put on a curfew and kids will be out of school the feast of the school year.... So guess what mom I’ve been .... (The kids are on spring break by the way) I’ve been the mom who has not went into their kids room until the end of the day. I’ve been the mom who slowed down on over time (and now they just announced we no longer have over time bummer) I’ve been the mom where I have not cooked daily. The mom who let her son stay up playing Fortnite until 5 am and letting him sleep in until God knows when. It’s 1:29 pm on Friday as I write this on my lunch and Kayden is STILL sleep. But guess what i honestly do not care. I don’t have any blogs prepared for the next 2 weeks, clearly because I’m writing one right now!!!


Normally I’d be feeling guilty because there has been too much idle time going on in my household BUT every now and then it’s ok to just BREATH... So that’s exactly what I’m going to do!!! Tomorrow I’m going to try and sleep in as late as I can, which I know will only be until 7:30 or 8 BUT it will be without an alarm. And I’m going to just lay in bed all day. Judge me if you want too lol! 


We try and control every minute of our life with schedules and trying to make everything perfect that we can drive ourself crazy. Maybe that’s just me I don’t know but I am going to do my best to let this weekend just control itself and allow everyone to relax!!


Please comment below your thoughts and what you’ve been doing since curfews have been put in place!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read that I am constantly on some form of a schedule and always trying to reach certain goals! It had gotten to the point that my children were telling me I ran my household like a business.

I’ve sensed relaxed but I fine myself getting back in that same old pattern with just like household chores since I’m stuck in the house.
So this weekend I’m gonna let it do what it do Lol


So it’s definitely a Netflix Hulu weekend
Love love love Your post

MomOhhMy! said...

I definitely feel like a warden some times!!! Thank you for sharing, and please keep me updated on movies you find cause I’ll be needing them too!!?

Lucy said...

I totally understand! My son is also in sports (soccer and flag football), we had our wedding coming up so constant meetings after work so we were crazy busy. Now, I'm working from home so it's a different kind of busy along with being stuck inside when I'm not a homebody. So yup, this sucks lol

Unknown said...

@Lucy, yes being stuck at home with everyone is a total different type of busy! So sorry about your wedding

Unknown said...

Yes! This whole experience has been one I will never forget. It is hard telling my kids that we can't go to the playground and thinking maybe pools and lakes won't be able to use this summer.

Unknown said...

It’s definitely one for the books!! I pray the pools will open up, we will have a sad lost summer if not! Guess we will have to pull out the old fashion slip & slide for the back yard