Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Funny delivery stories

As you all know my kids are 8 years apart, it’s so crazy that I went into labor the EXACT same way! Maybe just a few hours time difference. But it was early morning for both, I’m sleep and get up to use the restroom lol do what I need to do. As I stand up after whipping out pours all this water! Both times in my head I said “Really I just used the bathroom how did I pee on myself”!! Remember I’m half sleep here, then it clicks in AHHHHH my water broke......

August 2004

My original due date was August 22, my cousin Mecaila and I were pregnant at the same time and we were due a few days apart! Man I can remember it like yesterday, I had a 1989 red 2 door Acura (the legend car (no pun intended lol) if you know me from high school up until I had Kimara I’m sure you have plenty stories about this car too) anyway the air went out halfway through my pregnancy and boy was it a hot summer! Mecaila went into labor Aug 20th think she was 2 days early so I derided I’d go visit her.... SIKE now I’m having contraction and it’s Aug 21 Ohh I was geeked! We had everything prepared bag was packed, car seat ready. As the contraction got closer we went to the Hospital. Remember it’s hot as hell and we are in my car with NO air, get to the hospital and false alarm... WOOOOO was LLuvi Johnson hot lmao yes because I have no air! Haha she said we not going back until the baby head is already coming out.... But fast forward to Aug 24 the real deal! My water breaks early that morning, when we get to the hospital they finally admit me! After a few hours my contractions were so close and I had a lot of pressure as if the baby’s head was coming! We tell the nurse how bad the pressure was and she had the nerve to tell me “yes a lot of first time mother think they have pressure when they don’t”,  maybe not in those exact words but something along those lines lol. She wouldn’t have me checked, mind you I did not get an epidural so I’m feeling everything. Also I think I know what pressure feels like ma’am, something is for sure to come out! A hour later when a different nurse came in we asked her to check and guess what, yup the babies head was right there. Come to find out the nurse who wouldn’t have me checked didn’t even have kids, ma’am so how do you know??? My mom and Momma Chelle (Kimaras gma) let that lady have it!!! Only 2 people were allowed in with me at a time so one is holding my leg and the other my hand. I look over at the door and in the window I see my Aine Kendra, cousin Kelly and Kara jumping up and down waving and smiling. I really couldn’t laugh but I wanted to soooo bad! They were able to watch because there were two doors to the room. So it’s like they were in their own little watching room lol!  I was like well damn might was well let them in! They stood there the entire time, and I’m pretty sure there are some pictures floating around (face palm)! When it was time to go home, we swaddled Kimara and then covered her with a blanket, the ride seemed so long from downtown KC all the way to Grandview, remember my air didn’t work. We get home and Kimara was dripping wet from sweating haha poor baby! To this day she hates to be hot!!!

June 2012

Now this pregnancy was a troublesome one lol, my previous pregnancy I was only 19 so it was a breeze! I was fat as ever, had surgery to remove a cyst the size of a grapefruit, was bleeding, on bed rest a time or two and he was so big he use to knock my hip out of place! Tasha and I spent a few nights in the hospital.. I won’t even lie a few of them we were just trying to see the sex of the baby cause he always had his legs closed at my visits smh sad I know oh well lol. One night we went to the ER I was super gassy ( well that was normal not just that night lol) and the gas just kept coming! Kaydens dad goes by Pooh right so I’m getting out the car and I fart Tasha says ughhh baby Poo-Ted (poot) Lmao man we laughed at this for days! We even put Poo-Ted on his Christmas stocking! The week I went into labor Tasha and I tried everything to get this baby out, many walks up hills, squats, bouncing on workout balls, and the last thing was serum!!! Woooo thank you Jesus it worked! After my bathroom incident I called Tasha and she rushed over! Kimara was home with me so we had to drag her out the bed to go with us! I had my sisters Tasha and Maria with me and any cousin Mecaila if you know any of these fools it was all jokes the ENTIRE time! The doctors kept telling us Kimara could not stay in the room BUT no one could come get her soooo guess who stayed! A nurse told us just to hide her behind the chair so that’s what we did! Right before they made me push to get my 9lb baby out they took a picture of all of us and I’m clearly in distress but all 3 of them smiling and having a grand ole time!! When it was time Kimara was hidden but of course she kept popping her head up and the poor baby was traumatized with everything going on! Poor little tink tink! Bet she don’t want kids any time soon!! PERFECT!!

Just wanted to add some smiles to everyone’s face during this bid we are doing being stuck in the house! Please comment below any funny or not so funny stories of your deliveries!!








No comments: