Friday, April 24, 2020

Mustard

When I go grocery shopping normally I write out a list based off a list of meals I plan to make. 
I ask everyone in the house what they want to eat, what snacks and drinks they want! 
 
Most the time I get “oh I don’t know” or “It don’t matter just something good”. 
 
Soon as I come home to put the food away all of a sudden they have all the thoughts in the 
world “oh man next time can you get this” or “Man you know what we need” oh and this the 
one I HATE the most “We eat the same things”

Ok now y’all are just being annoying lol. This man at Troys job, wife works for a grocery store Deli and they ordered too much chicken. Now I’m not sure how this is possible with this pandemic going on but hey that’s what she said. Anyway for $8, again I repeat $8 total they gave us FOUR 10 pound bags of chicken. Yes ok I admit we eat a lot of chicken but there is just soooooo many ways you can make chicken, so many flavors so it’s really not like eating the same thing lol.

Troy watches this man on YouTube, he has a cooking channel and he made mustard fried chicken! Now my kids do NOT eat mustard, I don’t even think Troy does but this chicken looked so yummy that I had to try it! What perfect time with all this chicken froze in my freezer lol. 

You can season it however you like but here is a list of what I used:
Salt
Pepper
Lemon pepper
Paprika
Season salt 
Mustard 
Flower
Oil
Chicken

I Seasoned the wings and then coated it with mustard I let it marinate for about 15-20 min then dipped it in flower and fried each side 5-7 minutes depending on how crispy you like it!!

When I tell you this chicken was so juicy and extra crispy! The kids tore it up, normally I have at least one kid complaining they don’t like something but there was no talking at the table ha! Only thing that made me irritated was Troy lol he wasn’t hungry when it was time to eat. And this was his idea go figure ha. Anyway as I see the kids tearing up the chicken I ask “Do y’all like mustard?” (I already know the answer) They both was like ughhh yuck No, then I say “well I can’t tell, because y’all are tearing up that mustard chicken”. They look at me and then each other and both of them say “ughhh” lol but they kept eating. “It does not taste like mustard”. To me there was a hint of it but it was not over powering.

I probably won’t be able to get them to eat it any other way ha oh well they will be ok. Funny story really quick. My mom lived on a farm for a while growing up and they had a cow named Moo. One night at dinner, I’m not sure who said it but they asked “so how does Moo taste?” Traumatized my mom, lol at least i didn’t do my kids that way!!!!! 

If you have not tried mustard chicken I truly suggest it!!! Please comment things your kids refuse to eat and how you’ve gotten them to eat it


No comments: