Friday, March 13, 2020

How are you being affected

The world is in an up roar right now with this coronavirus! Store shelf’s are empty, schools are shut down and ANY BIG event you can think of are being canceled!

Last year we went to McDonalds All American All-Star game for high school!! The kids wait their whole high school career to play in this game and it is written all over their faces. This year they will not be able to experience that moment and i think it’s truly sad! I just pray they are able to reschedule and make this up to them!

Kimara (my daughter) was supposed to go take a placement test next week so she can prepare for her college courses this summer and now that has been canceled! All morning she has been ranting and raving about her school being closed and how is she supposed to meet with her guidance councilor by the due date! I tried to keep her calm and assure that due to the severity of the situation this will be an exception and due dates will be pushed back! Whew my baby was freaking out lol! I guess she’s excited about this dual enrollment! If i haven’t said it enough I’m so proud of her!




I’m so glad most people are taking the necessary precautions because as much as i don’t want to let this stop our life we are doing the same! I already work from home but my company is now sending everyone who’s still in office to work from home! (I never get the good perks lol) Seriously tho, the kids will also be home until the 31st. So we went and stocked the fridge, even though we went last week just wanted to have more than enough! I know they are going to work my nerves during this time because i am use to my quiet through out the day, it’s the time i get my sanity together! But i don’t want to show them that side while they are home so i will make sure on my lunch i do something fun with them. Whatever they want to do which more than likely will be tic tok sooo if you follow me on social media be sure to look out for the video. Haha! It’s not their fault they have to be stuck here with me, so i don’t want to cause any unnecessary tension in the house!

Some things we have done to take precaution:

1. Vitamin C pills DAILY to build our immune system
2. We carry hand sanitizer every where and after any contact we use it! The stores are on a shortage of it obviously soooo if you need to make it at home all you need is rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera (we use the plant, you can buy at grocery store in vegetable section)
3.Lysol your house, counters, door knobs, faucets every time coming back in from outside
4. This should be a given regardless but when you sneeze or cough do it in your arm or napkin and throw away! They say the virus lasts in the air up to 3 minutes
5. WASH WASH WASH WASH WASH your hands throughly
6. Try not to rub your eyes and nose
7. Avoid sick people (obviously)
8. Avoid shaking hands (I’ll take a simple head nod please and thank you)
9. Update all your emergency contact information
10. In your phone use I.C.E (in case of emergency) next to your emergency contact person in your phone (this is great for any purpose)
11. Talk to your kids about what is going on! Do not leave them in the dark and be very open and honest! If they don’t understand why we are taking caution then they may not follow what needs to be done

I can not even going to lie i am nervous for these 2 trips I have coming up! Next week we are supposed to go to Memphis for a family trip, have a few things planned like going to visit the hotel MLK was murdered, the zoo and so much more but I honestly don’t know if we are going! The good thing would be we’re close enough to drive so we didn’t purchase tickets! I may not even have a definite answer until the day before it’s time to leave! Then Mid April I’m going to Chicago and the airport is what scares me the most... That is IF they don’t ban flying by then, there is a story of a man who was just banned from an airline for not informing the airline he was recently tested for the virus and waiting on results. Just so happens he got them while on the flight , yeaaaaaa okay we are booboo the fool BUT i won’t address that here. I’m taking precaution BUT it’s fools like that, that scare me!!

If you are home from work and you kids are as well use this time to really bond and educate during this time! Most schools have sent homework but if not you can still find assignments for them! Just to keep their mind busy! Heck also spring clean what better time than now!! Clean them closets out and pass the unwanted down to someone who can benefit from it!

How are you and your family taking precaution and how is it affecting you all these next few weeks? Please share and comment below incase there are other steps i need to take!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of looking forward to all kids sports being suspended not gonna lie. We had a full weekend of sports planned and now we got nothing! ( Yippee) I can now do my spring cleaning. while everyone is in the stores looking for toilet paper I'm buying a new vacuum cleaner. No but seriously I just ordered one online. I've also been looking at how cheap flights are right now!!!( I'd definitely be on my way somewhere with my mask on if I didn't have to be a responsible adult) We had a birthday trip planned next month that's been canceled ( kind of bummed about that). However having a chance to breath and not have to be pulled in so many directions in 1 day is going to be amazing!!! ( until they start getting on my nerves lol.

MomOhhMy! said...

Hahah having not games is absolutely amazing and I’m oh so familiar with that feeling!!! Yes tickets are down drastically lol perfect time to utilize that for sure!! Speaking of vacuums i need one too lol