Thursday, March 12, 2020

Pot Pot

Now i know my kids are ages away from being potty trained, however i have some followers who are coming up on potty training or in the middle of it! I can remember back when my kids were training and i thought it was going to be a stressful time but thankfully it actually was not!!
I like to turn everything into a game when it comes to learning! Or especially a song, if you notice a lot of kids theses days will know every song before they know how to spell their name. Not my kids but I’ve seen it before (no judging it just fits with where I’m going). Anyway, if you find something catchy enough it will excite the kids enough to make them want to do whatever brings up the song. If you keep up with my blogs you know i taught Kayden how to spell his name in song form!! They actually have potty training songs via YouTube now!This one is cute, I’ve never actually used this video or any others but it may help you. Personally i think its more fun to make it up myself! Normally i used the song after they went as a celebratory. Kids love to be celebrated and of course they want to make their mommies happy so this excites them!

Truly can’t remember who suggested this but it worked for both Kayden and Kimara, even though EVERYONE kept saying boys were harder to train than girls LIES lol. Any-who i would place Cheerios or  fruit loops in their potty and the game was to make them float. With their urine of course, yea sounds crazy right but once they used it they got the song “You did it, you did it ohhh yay you did it” or whatever I’d come up with at the moment. I’m sure you’re thinking “I am not wasting my food or my money” but really think about it, once you have your baby trained you won’t be buying diapers.... BOOM then you will be saving !!! (Ching Ching Ching) Changed the way you’re thinking already huh!

With Kimara I even use to give her stickers whenever she would tell me she needed to go, this was a MAJOR reward because i did not have to make her use it but she actually knew when to tell me!!

I know things can’t always be fun and games so other major factors when potty training is to make sure babysitters and or daycare are on the same page as you! Being on different schedules every place really child goes may confuse them. Set a schedule of when drinks are to stop at night! That’s a major key to over night peeing, we tend to want to satisfy the child when they cry and give them juice or milk but NO stop doing that ASAP. Pick a time in the middle of the night that they usually wake up or have to use it, wake them up and take them to the bathroom, this will help them get use to the sensation feeling of when it’s time to go!

Another major thing that helped with Kayden, after giving him juice I’d wait 10-15 minutes and then sit him in the potty. Normally he would say he didn’t have to go BUT you know the saying “Momma knows best” and in this case i always did because he would go every time!!

Try using big kid panties/underwear especially while at home, if they get those wet the feeling is worse than a diaper and trust me they will not want to walk around wet with those on! Plus it will just help them feel like a big kid!!

I hope this helps out, if love to hear your potty training nightmares and success so just comment below and share!!!





No comments: