Thursday, April 16, 2020

Stray

There’s this brown dog that has been coming to our house for months, cute little thing! He looks helpless though, blood shot red eyes and it appears that his front foot is broken. He does not walk on it too much and when he stands he holds it up. If it’s not broke than he has a MAJOR slew-foot lol!

It comes around so much that the kids and I named it Kobee (yes with 2 e’s) of course Kobe is our ultimate favorite player. We gave him the name before Kobe passed so now it’s a must he keeps it. Crazy thing is he answers to it too lol. Kobee eats amazing for a dog, any left over we have the kids and I feed it to him. I think some days I make extra just because I know he will be coming by. Oh man and Troy really dislikes the fact we feed him. I mean it’s left overs that no one in the house is going to eat so I really don’t see the harm. All the kids want to keep him and pet him but as much as I love the dog NAW we are not touching it lol I have no clue where it’s been or if it’s had shots sorry kiddos. 

I’m not really sure how this dog found us but my daughter tells me that I’m like this with people too. Very friendly, open and accept every one. I don’t think that is the case lol, I’m social but many wouldn’t call me friendly. Well I guess just people that know me. She said every where we go it seems like I make a friend or people tell me random things about their life.

They say you attract what you are, am I a stray? Lol sounds funny but if you’ve read my blog “childhood to adulthood” I guess I some what a bit of a stray! I don’t mind that people tell me things, if I’ve remotely been through a similar situation then I’m glad to help in whatever way I can. And even if I can’t well just allowing them to get it off their chest, I’m glad I could lend them an ear. I guess they see something in me that’s familiar or comfortable!

I kind of want a dog but they are just like having another child. Have to keep up with shots, feed them, train them, clean up after them and I just don’t want to have to do all that. The kids claim they will do it BUT I still have to tell them to clean their room half the time so they will not be responsible. It’s clear Troy does not want an animal. How do you and your spouse handle situations as this??? I’m stuck and for now maybe we will just get them a turtle or some fish ha!!!

No comments: