Thursday, February 20, 2020

Mothers guilt...

There is so much that needs to be done/given to your children , quality time, spending money, cooking, cleaning blah blah blah that i always get mothers guilt when i try to do anything for myself. I do not know how to turn it off sometimes..

Working from home makes it so easy for me to do over time, and the more i do i start thinking ok i know I’m at home and the kids are here but i really haven’t had time to converse with them other than saying “you’re too loud get out my office” or thinking “ok here you come again showing me another video” lol... But then i also think we’ll you know what i need this money cause i know they will be needing something soon!

It’s so crazy because anytime i have a little extra money Troy is telling me “Krystle do something for yourself even if it’s just going to get a massage” and here i go well babe i wanna hold onto it just incase it’s needed. He just looks at me crazy and then i end up buying something, but i still budget it and don’t go crazy. Anytime I’m alone and i go to get something for myself most of the time i end up getting something for them! Does not always be a big thing but even just little character  stand for the back of their phones... which thinking about it i joust stepped on one the other day! Dang kids use it for 2 days then just don’t care about it no more (face palm)!

There’s that worry if I’m over doing or under doing anything and it truly gives me anxiety. I’m not sure if it’s that i over think everything. Or maybe i always replay things i may have felt as a child and i never want them to feel that way! Lol but then thinking that makes me feel like I’m creating something in them that will affect them as they grow up! WHEWWW child yea just typing that shows me that i over think.

Do not forget who you were before becoming a mother because it’s so easy to do! We never want to neglect the children and in doing so we neglect ourself. Being a single mom i have to be all things at once! Boy the pressure be turnt wayyyyy up..

Here are some ways that i have tried using to get over my mom guilt

1. Get out of the house: it will allow you to free your mind. If you are not ok it will trickle down to the kids since you are the foundation
               -  Have a girls night
               - Find some place to go alone (before it got cold i would walk the track in my neighborhood)

2.  Step back to asses the situation 
                - ask yourself is there really anything wrong or is it in my head
                - recognize the thoughts you’re having (i literally have told myself Krystle just stop)

3. Strengthen the relationship with your partner
                  - another guilt that comes up (for me at least) when caring for the kids, romance might take the back seat 
                   - Make sure to get date nights in even if it’s just to go get ice cream  
                   - Having a healthy relationship is a great example for the kids to see 
4. Know that there is no such thing as a perfect mom 
                  - I’ve taken my mother’s mistakes and tried improving them
                 

Parenting is hard enough without beating yourself up about it! Allow your self room for mess ups and mishaps.  After all the mistakes are how we learn and it’s only a mistake if you do it again. What are some things you get mom guilt about? And how do you handle it! Comment below

4 comments:

Kirby A. said...

This I fixed ALONNNNGGGGG time ago! Going through depression was one of the reasons I decided to keep my sanity. When I go to the grocery store, I go by myself. That's my peace! If I've been moving all day and haven't eaten, and the kids are with me. I WILL stop and grab me something to eat and eat it right in front of them. If I buy me something it doesn't bother me because it my 1 time to there 5x that I've done something for them. I love me time and relaxing.

MomOhhMy! said...

I couldn’t ever grab something and eat in front of them haha, big ups to you for that one sis! I will get a drink and drink in front of them. But i totally feel you. I have been doing more as of late! Actually have a girls night tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I went to Target last week for soap. Soap for myself might I add, left target with socks and underwear for kids and no soap!!!! Date nights are also challenging, I'll complain about not having a date night and soon as one is scheduled I'm second guessing it. " Maybe we should stay home and rent movies" He literally has to put his foot down and make me go. Buying stuff for myself rarely happens.

MomOhhMy! said...

Yes sounds like me! The date nights are very important though i really encourage them! That time alone will help ease your mind!